Use your avgolemono recipe for this winter soup.
1 kilo of pork, with the bones suitable for boiling
5 medium onions, cut in quarters
10 cups water
3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2-3 stalks of celery with leaves chopped fine
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
Ingredients for avgolemono:
2 large eggs
juice of one lemon
1. Place the meat, onions and water into a large saucepan, add a little salt and bring to the boil.
2. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat to simmer and allow to cook for 1 hour, removing the foam from the top every now and then.
3. Add the potatoes, celery, bay leaf and simmer for another hour.
4. Take the meat out of the soup, remove and discard the bones. Cut the meat into cubes and put it back in the soup.
5. In a bowl prepare avgolemono by beating the eggs with the lemon juice together with a whisk.
6. Slowly add some of the hot soup liquid to the egg mixture and beat in.
7. Add the egg mixture to the soup and mix well. Turn the heat off.
8. Serve hot.
source: Neos Kosmos