Note: If you have no black raisins and you opt for the blond one keep in mind that they are sweeter and will affect the taste of the finished dish.
4 large green peppers
4 large red peppers
1 ½ cups of olive oil
3 tablespoons of pine nuts
1 large onion, finely cut
1 ½ cups of pligouri
2 tablespoons of small dark raisins
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 eggplant, finely chopped
2 zuchini, finely chopped
1 cup of tomato juice
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
½ bunch dill, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil and sauté the pine nuts.
2. Add the eggplant, zuccini, onion, and sauté till limp without burning.
3. Add the tomato and the tomato juice (keeping a little amount), the pligouri, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper (if needed add a little warm water).
4. Take the pan off the heat and add raisins, parsley and dill, mix well.
5. Open the lid of the peppers and take out the seeds, salt and pepper the insides.
6. Fill the peppers with the mixture, line up in an oven dish and cover the peppers with their lids and sprinkle with a little olive oil.
7. Add the leftover tomato juice and one cup of water.
8. Bake in 180°C preheated oven for one hour.
source: Neos Kosmos