Make sure you wash the pork intestines thoroughly.
intestines of a pig
1/2 kilo wild beet leaves
1 bunch fennel leaves
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch dill
3 spring onions
1 finely chopped onion
1 cup olive oil
1 cup glazed rice
1 tbsp salt
3 cups water
1. Wash the intestine thoroughly inside and out. Pour half a cup of olive oil into a deep pan and sauté the onions and herbs, which have been washed and chopped finely.
2. When they soften slightly add 1 cup water, half a tablespoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
3. When the mixture comes to the boil, add the rice and stir. Allow a few minutes for the rice to absorb the water and then remove from heat.
4. Stuff the intestines with the mixture, making sure to allow enough room for the rice to expand.
5. Tie a knot at the two ends of the intestines and place in the pot, adding the rest of the oil and water. Salt lightly and cook for around 40 minutes.
source: Neos Kosmos