A severe weather warning has been issued for parts of the Hunter.
The Bureau of Meteorology has predicted thunderstorms and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Dungog, parts of Port Stephens, parts of Maitland and the wider Hunter.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
See your ad here
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW) on 132 500.